Property Code: Casa_Acanto
Contact Manager for Availability
Spectacular Centro Location - Luxury Decor - Amenities Amenities
Casa Acanto was showcased in a 16-page spread in the April 2013
issue of Architectural Digest and AD Mexico 2019. Fisher Weisman (fisherweisman.com),
the award-winning design firm based in San Francisco and San Miguel,
transformed this historic property into a spectacular house and garden.
The stone building at the front of the property was built in the 18th
Century as a tannery. It was converted to a home and expanded over
the following two centuries. The L-shaped building is laid out such that
each bedroom has a terrace, views, light, cross ventilation, and privacy -
unlike more typical courtyard houses.
Casa Acanto sits on a particularly large lot dominated by three
enormous jacaranda trees. Cantera stone paving extends throughout the
gardens where fountains add beautiful touches (and sounds) to the lush
atmosphere. The gardens are dramatically illuminated for nighttime
The staff includes two maids, a cook, and a gardener who work Monday
through Saturday from 9am-3pm. An afternoon maid for help with
cocktails and evening turn down service comes from 3pm-9pm. The
staff is available to work on Sundays for a small extra charge.
The house features:
• Sonos Sound System
• Ceilings with substantial pine beams and tejamaníl
• Extra-thick doors with planks of reclaimed pine
• Remote-controlled gas fireplaces with custom Cantera stone mantels
in the dining room, sala, kitchen, casita sala, and master bedroom - Tile floors throughout the house
• Wood burning fireplace with an Argentinian grill for cooking in the
main outdoor sala
• Bathrooms with heated floors
• Ultraviolet filters for the water throughout the house and casita
• Voltage regulator for electricity stability throughout the property
• Double-paned wood windows with integral screens from Spain across
the front of the house and in the master bedroom
• Entry hall with a vaulted ceiling and old stone floors
• Custom cook’s kitchen with Viking appliances, marble counters,
custom tile walls and cabinets made from reclaimed pine beams. Well
stocked for gourmet cooking.
• Adjoining breakfast room with fireplace and a secret door to garage
• Elegant formal dining room
• Dramatic outdoor sala with fireplace, stocked with mesquite
• Luxurious sala with discreetly hidden home theater
• Powder Room
• Dining terrace that can accommodate 30 or more guests
• Two guest rooms in the main house, each with air conditioning and
heat, heated floors in the bathrooms, safes in each closet
• Master suite with a coffee bar, a dressing room with safe, a study, a
bedroom with large private terrace, and a domed and tiled bathroom.
TV and air conditioning/heat are built into the bedroom desk.
• Fully tiled, salt-water pool with fountains in the corners
• Custom Jacuzzi
• Casita with an outdoor sala, a small guest room with twin beds and a full
bath downstairs across the terrace not ensuite - this is great for teenagers. Than there is a large guest room with a King bed, air conditioning and heat, a bath with heated floors and a safe in the closet, and a terrace on the
second floor; and a spectacular view roof terrace on top.
• 5 bedrooms (3 master suites, 1 junior suite, and the small bedroom with twin beds) and 7 full bathrooms
• Large laundry room with full bath
• Alarm system connected to central station with motion lights in garden areas
• Stereo speakers in the dining room, kitchen, breakfast room, main
outdoor sala, and garden - using SONOS soundsystem
• Separate audio system in master bedroom
Here is the link to the Architectural Digest article about Fisher Weisman
and Casa Acanto http://www.architecturaldigest.com/decor/2013-04/
***If interested in less than a week stay please ask Premier for the rates with a 4 night minimum and no amenities included, they will be at an extra cost to the client.
Also included in the weekly rental rate ONLY:
*One roundtrip transportation in a suburban to/from Leon or Queretaro Airport for 6 people per suburban (if client needs a bigger car, than they pay the difference for a bigger car or extra services)-1 City Tour up to 2 hours for 10 people.
* stocked bar upon arrival only (2 bottles of Vodka (Absolut), 2 Bottle of Tequila (Jose Cuervo Tradicional), 6 bottle of wine (3 Red and 3 White) with mixers (soda water, coca cola, and diet coke)
* 1 tank of gas per week for pool and hot tub included in the rate, if client wants the pool heated above 86 degrees, because the pool does have solar panels - that keep the pool around 86 degrees.
* turn down service from staff at night - 6pm
* breakfast every morning (food included)- Fruit, sweet breads, yogurt, and eggs
*Nepresso machine with pods
Contact Manager for Availability
Rental Rates and Seasons: (USD)
* Rates are subject to change without notice. Pricing excludes taxes, additional options and fees.