Spectacular Centro Location - Luxury Decor – Amenities
Casa Acanto was showcased in a 16-page spread in the April 2013 issue of Architectural Digest and again in Architectural Digest/Mexico in April 2019.
Fisher Weisman (fisherweisman.com), the award-winning design firm based in San Francisco and San Miguel, transformed this historic property into a spectacular house and garden.
The stone building at the front of the property was built in the 18th Century as a tannery. It was converted to a home and expanded over the following two centuries. The L-shaped building is laid out such that each bedroom has a terrace, views, light, cross ventilation and privacy, unlike typical courtyard houses. Casa Acanto sits on a particularly large lot dominated by three enormous jacaranda trees. Limestone paving extends throughout the gardens where fountains add beautiful touches and sounds to the lush atmosphere. The gardens are dramatically illuminated for nighttime entertaining.
The staff includes two maids, both of whom cook, who work Monday through Saturday from 9am-3pm. The gardener works Monday through Saturday from 9am-1pm. An afternoon maid for help with cocktails and evening turn down service comes from 3pm-9pm. The staff is available to work on Sundays for a small extra charge.
The house features:
• Sonos sound system
• Ceilings with substantial pine beams
• Extra-thick doors with planks of reclaimed pine
• Remote-controlled gas fireplaces with custom limestone mantels in the dining room, living room, kitchen, casita sala, and master bedroom
• Tile floors throughout the house
• Wood burning fireplace with an Argentinian grill for cooking in the main outdoor living room
• Bathrooms with heated floors
• Ultraviolet filters provide safe drinking water throughout the house and casita. A water softening system makes the water gentle as well
• Voltage regulator for electrical stability throughout the property
• Double-paned wood windows with integral screens across the front of the house and in the master suite
• Entry hall with a vaulted ceiling and antique stone floors
• Custom cook’s kitchen with a Wolf range, marble counters, custom tile walls and cabinets made from reclaimed pine beams
• Adjoining breakfast room with fireplace and secret door to garage
• Elegant formal dining room
• Dramatic outdoor living room with fireplace
• Luxurious living room with discreetly hidden home theater
• Powder Room
• Dining terrace that can accommodate 30 or more guests
• Two guest rooms in the main house, each with air conditioning and heat, heated floors in the bathrooms, safes in each closet
• Master suite with a coffee bar, a dressing room with safe, a study, a bedroom with large private terrace, and a domed and tiled bathroom TV and air conditioning/heat are built into the bedroom desk
• Beautifully tiled, salt-water swimming pool with fountains
• Custom Jacuzzi
• Casita with an outdoor sala facing the pool; a small guest room with twin beds and a full bath bookending the sala (the bath is not en suite), great for teenagers; and a large guest room with a King bed, air conditioning and heat, a bath with heated floors and a safe in the closet, and a terrace on the second floor
• Spectacular view roof terrace atop the casita with luxurious built-in banquettes
• 5 bedrooms (3 master suites with King beds, 1 junior suite with a Queen, and the poolside bedroom with two twin beds) and 7 full bathrooms
• Large laundry room with full bath
• Alarm system connected to a central station
• Stereo speakers in the dining room, kitchen, breakfast room, main outdoor living room, garden and master bedroom controlled by the SONOS app
Here is the link to the Architectural Digest articles about Fisher Weisman and Casa Acanto: http://www.architecturaldigest.com/decor/2013-04/
***If interested in less than a week stay please ask Premier for the rates with a 4 night minimum and no amenities included (any desired amenities are available at extra cost to the client)
Included in the weekly rental rate only:
* bar stocked upon arrival with 2 bottles of vodka, 2 bottles of tequila, 2 bottles of red and 2 bottles of white wine, soda water, Coca- Cola, and Diet Coke
* turn down service from staff at night - 6pm
* breakfast every morning with fruit, sweet breads, yogurt, and eggs
* 3 Nepresso machines with regular and decaffeinated lungo pods
Rates* Rates are subject to change without notice. Pricing excludes taxes, additional options and fees.
|Vacation Rental Standard Pricing||Weekly||Min Nights|
Casa Acanto tipping requirements: $500 pesos per bedroom occupied
Rate to heat the pool $70usd per day with a 24 hour starting time
Food other then the included breakfast items are not included in the rate. We can stock the house with groceries prior to arrival for the cost of the groceries + $50usd service fee.